Thursday, February 18, 2010

Who Killed Dave? by Linda Cockburn


I’m passionate about books, but I don’t want to be reading (or writing something) that results in a negative impact on the environment. If I’m going to keep publishing books, it has to be done right.

Books are a great way to sequester carbon, they can last hundreds of years on your bookshelf. Produced sustainably they can be a carbon sink, not a carbon stink.

Linda Cockburn
 
 
Linda was kind enough to send me a copy so I, in return am more than happy to give a review.
 
I intitialy asked for a copy of "Who Killed Dave?" for my 15 year old daughter.  I gave it to Jenna soon after receiving it.  Several times I would hear a chuckle coming from the lounge and only to be told "you'll just have to read it" when I asked for details.
 
So when Jenna was finished I was determinded to make it my last book of 2009. A few pages into it I was blushing, recalling the chuckles I had heard from Jenna.  I really enjoyed the journey, getting to know all the characters.  The style of Linda's writing was very familiar, it was as if she was just telling me the story over a cup of home made Chai. And yes, I turned to the hand written note inside the front cover referring to "incompetence pants" when I read that section of the book and finally got the joke LOL
 
Despite not reading a book since being pregnant with my 3 year old I found myself not being able to put it down.  It was really easy to develop a like or a dislike of the characters as if they were my own neighbours. 
 
I look forward to reading more from Linda.  I was also really impressed with the quality of the paper and printing.
Well done - a great, sometimes raunchy, almost always funny, easy read. http://www.togetherpress.com/WKD.html

No comments:

Post a Comment