Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Adventures

Well today I started the Couch to 5k program. I downloaded the podcast from Go Nicole Yourself Blog http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html
I found this really helpful. Though it did sound a little like satan controling me. Found myself talking back to the counting down satanic voice!!

By the end of the 20 minutes I found myself thinking I could probably go further than the 60sec required. I ended up doing 2.6km through the podcast and a total of 3.2km all up with a warm down walk back to my starting destination.

That was my biggest decision. Where do I turn around and start heading back?

Well all was good, the short work was easy enough. Nicoles music was better than the techno music I had heard previously on another pod cast.

My calves and thighs are a little sore but the shin splints are in check. Will try to organinse it that I can have a hot bath straight after my runs from now on. Was reading an interesting article about how stretching really wont cut it but a hot or ice bath is the way to go.

Off on the train tomorrow. The Q150 steam train is taking us from Longreach to Ilfracombe (return). Jerremy will be so excited. For pics stay tuned.

Had a lovely night with friends - thanks for visiting the Brolga Street Bistro and Jilly's Place!!

My thought for the night - Friends, how precious they are, great to laugh with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment