Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Scraproom - Before & After

My scraproom... how do I finish this statement?  This was the room I had dreamt of for 10 years.  I had it all planned...benchtops, cupboards galore, pleanty of room to store stuff and be productive and creative.  The room was always going to double as a craft room and my business office.  Now, without going into details let me say the building of this room was not executed to my liking.  The builder cut corners, used materials I had requested he didn't and my beautiful glass brick windows are smaller than I asked for.  He got the room to lock up stage but I let him go before he did too much more damage to my already shattered dream. 

I built the cupboards and put them in myself.  The room is not finished, she still needs skirting boards in places, corner strips where huge gaps were left and obviously she is not yet painted.  Now that all my gear is in there it is very hard to finish off.  I do plan to finish it sometime next year but it will be when I have full hands on deck at home to help me!!  I do my best to not see her flaws, heck none of us are perfect!!

None the less it is my space. And the aircon is so good I have often thought of sleeping down there.
I posted a pic of my desk to the 123Scrapbook forum on the weekend.  It was such a mess that I was determined to get it cleaned up and a little more organised.  I thought I better get some photographic evidence as proof that it can be tidy, if only as a reminder to myself about how good it feels LOL

My main bench before


and after
  

My Sewing cabinet before


My Sewing cabinet after


Jerremy even has his little space where he is currently learning to use scissors!!



I also spent some time today building another two sets of these cool wire shelves.
I got the squares from Vinneys a few months ago for a couple of dollars.  You are supposed to build them with these inaffective platstic brackets, but a good handful of white zip ties did the trick.




These handy little racks, of which there are 3, I found at Crazy Clarks in the hardware section.  They are supposed to hold screws and small bits and pieces but I thought they were just perfect for small scrapping bits and pieces.  They stack well on top of each other and I have them foam taped to the wall so they are a little more stable.



This is how I hang my ribbon I need on hand.  I designed a ribbon tag to cut on the cricut and they all hang together neatly on a metal ring.  I have boxes of ribbon in the cupboard so eventually I will get them all hung up like this.  I love being able to see what I have and have it so accessible.



And finally a pic of my two favourite toys.  It is hard to believe that just 12 months ago I had bearly turned on my Cricut.  Now I use it every day I am in the scrap room.  I have had a little time getting to know Gypsy and can't wait to load some more carts on and start designing on it.



I do though keep hearing this voice in my head saying "a tidy desk is the desk of an idle person"!!
We'll see how long it stays this way - at least I have proof that it can be this tidy.

Jilly :) xx

1 comment:

  1. It looks great Jilly! Looking forward to see all the wonderful cards and layouts that you're going to produce in your newly organized space...

    ReplyDelete